LifeSkills And Values Education
EDUCATION! EDUCATION! EDUCATION!
We believe education is the key to change in society. We realise that trying to change the patriarchal society from within the family environment is a formidable task that could be near impossible.
Our aim is to educate the with the following objectives:
- Equip young people (both men and women) with life skills education in order to positively influence and enhance their thinking, behaviour and quality of life.
- Contribute to breaking down gender stereotypical roles by conducting Home Science classes for both young men and women in preparing low-cost, high-nutrition meals.
- Provide a safe, child-friendly and non-judgemental platform where children and youth can ask questions, clarify doubts and demystify their sexual curiosities and other personal issues.
- Work with children as young as 12 years of age, so positive gender-based education can begin early in life.
- Work with youth from migrant worker families, who are more likely – due to lack of employment, money or identity – to fall into bad company and anti-social activities.
- Address personal issues and break down myths and misconceptions.
- Educate them about the changes in adolescence to be better prepared for these.
- Be taught not just to respect women and protect children themselves, but raise their voice when they see others disrespecting them.
- Interact with each other in fun activities to develop a sense of comradery between the sexes.
PROJECT SIKSHA – JHARKHAND
Converging Community, School, and Administration for Student Success
PROJECT SIKSHA – ODISHA
Addressing Educational Inequity: Empowering Changemakers for a Brighter Future
The e-learning course
The e-learning course will address crucial topics that are often overlooked in schools across India and various countries. These include Gender bias, Mental Health, Puberty, Abuse, Violence, LGBTQ+, Substance Abuse, and more. The course specifically targets school-going children aged 12-16.
To ensure accessibility in communities with limited computer availability, we will create a corresponding course using PowerPoint. This version will be translated into regional languages and delivered through instructor-led sessions.